ModernMusic.de

Patrice Bernier said he never wanted to leave his hometown club, but the Montreal Impacts dismal Major League Soccer season had

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 10.08.2018 03:57

MONTREAL - Patrice Bernier said he never wanted to leave his hometown club, but the Montreal Impacts dismal Major League Soccer season had him considering his options. Toby Alderweireld Jersey .Any concerns appear to have been put to rest, as Bernier signed a new two-year contract with the Impact on Thursday.The team captain will be a veteran presence in a revamped midfield, which includes new additions Marco Donadel and Nigel Reo-Coker.My heart is here, I started here, and the goal when I came back (to North America) three years ago was I wanted to be part of the project and I wanted to finish here, Bernier said at a news conference.Its just when its a bad season you start to think of everything, because at the age that I am you start thinking that you want to win, you want to finish on a good note knowing you built something thats going to go further on.The 35-year-old team captain from Brossard, Que., played in 26 regular-season games with the Impact last MLS season, including 20 starts. He was a stabilizing presence on an otherwise struggling team, as the Impact finished last in the MLS standings at 6-18-10.At his age, and with the Impact struggling, he said he had to think about winning and ending his career on a high note.I dont think in my mindset I ever wanted to leave, Bernier said. It was, Where are we going?The moves the Impact have made this off-season, adding a wealth of European experience, seems to have provided adequate direction for Bernier.Donadel is a veteran of 244 games in Italys elite Serie A, and Reo-Coker played over 200 games in the English Premier League before joining the Vancouver Whitecaps in 2013.Were going to have a team thats going to erase this past season, Bernier said.Bernier has 13 goals and 19 assists in 84 MLS regular-season games over three seasons with the Impact.He was named the teams player of the year in 2012 and took part in the 2013 MLS all-star game against Italian side A.S. Roma.Having been a part of some of the clubs biggest moments, Bernier said it would have been difficult to play for another MLS team.I didnt see anywhere else to play, at least here in North America, he said. It would have been weird to be somewhere else.And Bernier will have the chance to play competitive soccer next year even if the Impact have another bad MLS season. Montreal advanced to the quarter-finals of the CONCACAF Champions League and will play a two-leg series with Mexican club Pachuca starting in February.Internationally, Bernier has made 50 appearances with Canadas senior mens team, scoring two goals.With midfield now set for the Impact, manager Frank Klopas said the teams next target is to improve at centre-back. Mousa Dembele Jersey .com) - A chant of Zeke reverberated around AT&T Stadium before Ezekiel Elliott powered into the end zone for his fourth and final touchdown. Davinson Sanchez Jersey . Belfort was originally schedule to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 173 on May 24, but a Nevada State Athletic Commission ban on testosterone replacement therapy forced the former light heavyweight champ to withdraw. http://www.hotspurfcproshop.com/kyle-walker-peters-hotspur-jersey-uk/ . Sami Salo scored two goals as the Canucks overcame a hat-trick from Edmonton Oiler rookie sensation Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to win 4-3 in NHL action Saturday. SPIELBERG, Austria -- Formula One returned to business as usual Sunday as Nico Rosberg led Lewis Hamilton at the Austrian Grand Prix for the sixth 1-2 finish by Mercedes. Red Bulls Daniel Ricciardo won the Canadian GP two weeks ago and Williams Felipe Massa took pole position for Sundays race but this had little effect on Mercedes which had missed out on the front row of the grid for the first time this season. "I was still very confident going into the race and knew I could win starting from third," said Rosberg, who celebrated his third win of the year and sixth overall as he extended his lead in the drivers championship over Hamilton to 29 points -- 165 vs. 136. "I am extremely happy," the German said. "Extending my lead was the main goal coming into this race." Williams Valtteri Bottas came third for his first career F1 podium while teammate Massa took fourth. Four-time champion Sebastian Vettel quit the race on lap 36 after overcoming engine problems early in the race. Rosberg succeeded where his father Keke had just failed 32 years ago, when he came up 0.05 short of Elio de Angelis at the 1982 Austrian GP. However, Keke Rosberg went on to become world champion that year, a feat Nico Rosberg is reluctant to think about yet. "29 is a nice gap but its still so early in the season," he said. Hamilton, who was ninth after qualifying, earned four places from a blistering start and won another place to work his way up to fourth in the opening lap. "It was a good start, one of the best starts Ive ever had," the 2008 F1 champion said. "To get from ninth to second and then pressure Nico shows the pace I had this weekend." Rosberg immediately overtook Bottas but lost that position again shortly after the first turn. Massa dropped from pole to fourth after the top four had their first pit stops and never threatened the leaders again. Sergio Perez remained in the lead until the 27th, overtaken by Rosberg who accelerated for the fastest lap so far to create distance on Hamilton, who got stuck behind Perez. The Mercedes drivers went 1-2 from lap 47 on but Rosberg kept Hamilton at bay, denying him a chance to overtake. The British driver saw his chances reduced as the two pit stops in the race cost him 1.9 seconds more than Rosberg who relaxed at the end. "I felt comfortable in the last lap," Rosberg said. "It wasnt that close." The race once more confirmed Mercedes has best adapted to the introduction this season of the 1. Moussa Sissoko Jersey. 6-litre turbocharged V6 engines with the build-in energy recovery system. Hamilton won four races in a row while Rosberg never finished worse than second. "Thats super, 1-2 means you cant do better," Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff said. "They both made some mistakes under pressure but did well to handle the situation near the end as we had some problems with the cooling system and the brakes." Mercedes stranglehold on F1 victories was broken by Ricciardo in Montreal, though Red Bull failed to threaten Mercedes again on its home circuit in Austria. Mercedes dominated practice Friday with Rosberg and Hamilton posting the fastest times, but Williams hit back the next day when Bottas led the final practice before Massa grabbed pole position -- his first in six years. Despite starting 1-2, Williams was not counting on a victory, Bottas admitted. "From all the data we had from practice we knew it was going to be difficult," the Finn said. "I am really happy for what we did with the whole team." Vettel lost drive in the second lap and had already been doubled by the field by the time he could pick up again. He later damaged the front wing of his Red Bull as he clipped the left rear wheel of Esteban Gutierrezs Sauber and shortly afterward quit the race in lap 36 for his third DNF of the season. "From the back of the pack there obviously was nothing I could do anymore," Vettel said. "Its bitter but weve learnt a lot and we still have to learn a lot more from this and look forward." The track was new to all but four of the 22 drivers as F1 returned to Austria for the first time since 2003. At 4.3 kilometres (2.7 miles), the Red Bull Ring is one of the shortest circuits on the calendar, though with just nine turns it features long straights. Situated in Central Austrias countryside, the track includes inclines of up to 12 per cent. It was the 27th Austrian GP, which has been held on different circuits since 1964, with Alain Prost winning a record three times. Until 1987, the races took place in nearby Zeltweg before Austria first disappeared from the calendar for 10 years. Spielberg also hosted the race from 1997-2003. Five years after the last race, Red Bull reportedly invested 200 million euros ($270 million) for upgrading the track and its surrounding infrastructure. The Austrian GP has been one of two new races to this seasons F1 calendar alongside the Russian GP, scheduled for Sochi in October. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Evergreen

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories?
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo returned to practice on Thursday for the first time since suffering a back injury 10 days a

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz