ModernMusic.de

Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Johnson and starting defensive tackle Mike DeVito will miss the remainder of the Kansas City Chiefs

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 01.08.2018 04:03

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Tahir Whitehead Jersey . -- Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Johnson and starting defensive tackle Mike DeVito will miss the remainder of the Kansas City Chiefs season after MRI exams confirmed that both players ruptured their right Achilles tendons in Sundays loss to Tennessee. Johnson went down without getting touched near the end of the first half. Eight plays later, early in the second half, DeVito went down at nearly the same spot on the field. The blows are significant to a Chiefs team that was already missing several key pieces to injuries and suspensions, and was routed 26-10 by the Titans at Arrowhead Stadium. "The guys that got hurt, our heart goes out to them for the work they put in," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Monday, "but we also have some good players that can step up in and do the job and thats what we expect of them." Middle linebacker Joe Mays, who was expected to start alongside Johnson, is already on injured reserve after surgery to repair a broken wrist. The injuries leave the Chiefs with Josh Mauga and James-Michael Johnson starting in the middle of an already suspect defence. Defensive tackles Jaye Howard and Vance Walker are next in line to start for DeVito, who had rededicated himself in the off-season and was looking forward to a promising year. "Weve still got a lot of good football players on this football team, and you have the personnel department looking at options," Reid said. "We still have a lot of games left." The Chiefs head to AFC West favourite Denver on Sunday then visit Miami before returning home for Monday night game against New England. Thats followed by games at San Francisco and San Diego sandwiched around their bye week. Four of the next five opponents reached the playoffs last year. "Things happen. Thats how this league works," Reid said. "You see it with every team. I have a lot of experience in this business and Ive been on teams where things happen, and you work around it and get better. Thats where were at right now." Johnson and DeVito werent the only players to come out of Sundays season opener with injuries, though none of the others was nearly as serious. Right tackle Jeff Allen has an elbow strain, and safeties Husain Abdullah and Eric Berry had bruised quads. Outside linebacker Tamba Hali had a slight ankle sprain, and wide receiver Frankie Hammond hurt his shoulder but is expected to be available for the Broncos. Reid said that cornerback Marcus Cooper, who missed the opener with an ankle injury, should be back, but wide receiver DeAnthony Thomas could miss another game with a hamstring injury. "Itll be a fight for him to get there," Reid said. Perhaps the biggest bit of silver lining for the Chiefs will get Dwayne Bowe back from his suspension. The former Pro Bowl wide receiver was forced to miss the opener following an arrest last November, depriving the Chiefs of their top talent on the outside. Of course, that wont help a defence that has been suddenly ransacked by injuries. "It was just a freaky day," Berry said. "When you got guys like that that things happen to, everybody is going to have to up their game with a little bit more focus." Defensive tackle Dontari Poe said he spoke to Johnson briefly at halftime Sunday. "When you see them go down, you go and talk to him and it seems like theyre kind of down and out already," he said. "What can you do about it? Its understandable for them to be in the position theyre in. Like I said, we have to step up -- keep their heads up, keep our heads up." That could be difficult given what transpired in the second half Sunday, when Johnson and DeVito -- both critical to stopping the run -- were no longer on the field. The Titans ran 25 times for 110 yards while putting the game away. "Youve got to be ready," Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston said. "Its a part of football. You just take injuries. You just pray they dont happen, but it did happen, so weve just got to prepare and be ready for the next day." Brandon Parker Jersey . The Oilers have been shut out in three straight home games and are in last place in the Western Conference with a 4-14-2 record. "Things have obviously not gone as well as I would have thought probable. Oakland Raiders Jerseys . An in-person hearing allows for Garbutt to be suspended for five games or longer as per the leagues Collective Bargaining Agreement. Garbutt delivered a high hit to Penner in the second period of Sundays game. http://www.raidersshopfootball.com/Authentic_Daryl_Worley_Raiders_Jersey/ .J. - Henrik Lundqvist has done more than set a couple of franchise records for the New York Rangers this week. KVITFJELL, Norway -- Erik Guay has never been a fan of skiing with pain but is showing he can adapt and overcome. The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. And it came on one of his favourite courses as two of his victories and four of his 22 podium finishes have come at Kvitfjell, where theres a super-G scheduled for Sunday. "There are a lot of similarities (between Norway and Quebec)," Guay said during a conference call. "When I left Quebec it was raining and warm and thats pretty much exactly what its here but it can easily be -30 C, again, a lot like Quebec. "I feel comfortable when I come here." Guay finished fourth in a downhill event Friday. The impressive showings came following a respectable 10th-place effort in the downhill at the Sochi Games. But Guay said he battled knee issues in Russia. He had knee surgery in the summer and claimed a World Cup downhill in Val Gardena, Italy, in December but didnt feel anywhere near 100 per cent in Sochi. "It (knee) affected me a lot," he said. "I have a hard time skiing through pain, I have a hard time really finding that courage, that determination to fight through it and push on the ski. "I was trying not to mention it too much in the media because I wanted to put it out of my head completely and sort of pretend and focus that it wasnt even there. You definitely have that on the brain and it was affecting me because I couldnt do a proper preparation for the Games." However, Guay said hes working on improving his mental ability to deal with injury much like teammate Jan Hudec of Calgary, who has overcome numerous ailments to succeed on the world scene. "The ideal situation is to not have that pain and I plan to deal with it in the off-season," Guay said. "Right now Im trying to work through it and I think its an important thing. "If I look at a guy like Jan Hudec, probably one of his biggest strengths is that strength and character he shows when he has those injuries. I know he skiis in a lot of pain so I like to watch those circumstances and try to emulate them. Its not always easy for me. I think when I dont feel 100 per cent its tough for me to go out and attack it but id like to think its getting better." Guay, 32, finished ahead of Frenchman Johan Clarey and Olympic champion Matthias Mayer of Austria. American Travis Ganong, who was third Friday, narrowly missed out on another podium, finishing 0.62 seconds back in fourth. Johnny Townsend Raiders Jersey. Bode Miller, a bronze medallist in the super-G at the Sochi Olympics, was eighth. Conditions were overcast and a little foggy but unlike Fridays downhill the rain stayed away. Guay had a time of one minute 22.17 seconds, finishing 0.35 seconds ahead of Clarey -- who secured a third career podium. "Its difficult conditions, soft snow. I think you need a really well-balanced touch," Guay said. "If youre too aggressive or leaning in a little bit, its easy to lose (time)." Jeffrey Frisch of Mont-Tremblant finished 17th while Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 21st. Benjamin Thomsen of Invermere, B.C., was 43rd, finishing one spot ahead of Hudec. Other Canadians included: Conrad Pridy of Whistler, B.C., (50th), Torontos Dustin Cook (59th) and Morgan Pridy of Whistler (60th). Meanwhile, it was the best result of Clareys career. "It shows anything can happen, even late on. Better late than never," Clarey said. "Im not hugely confident at the moment and the Olympics were difficult for me to cope with mentally." Clarey had pondered retirement after the Sochi Games, where he didnt finish the downhill and was 19th in super-G. "This changes my ideas a little bit from a psychological point of view," he said. "Even though my knees still pretty banged up." Despite already having an Olympic gold medal, the 23-year-old Mayer clinched his first career podium in World Cup downhill and only his third overall. "I had a lot of things to do, with celebrating the Olympic victory back home. I hadnt much time for me to be prepared," Mayer said. "I can be happy with this result. Its very difficult to be fast here, with the soft snow its not the best conditions." Ganong finished fifth in the downhill at the Sochi Olympics. "I really thought I could (win), so I pushed a little harder and had a couple mistakes. I was able to make up a lot of time on the bottom and salvage fourth place," he said. "Its really fun skiing right now. Im having a good time and the results are coming." Olympic super-G champion Kjetil Jansrud of Norway, who tied for the win Friday with Austrian Georg Streitberger, placed fifth. "I made a couple of mistakes which I didnt think I would make," Jansrud said. "Fell on my inside ski a couple of times, I had to support myself on my hand." Overall World Cup leader Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway was tied for sixth with Switzerlands Silvan Zurbriggen. Cheap Jerseys Store Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Black Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Evergreen

The Indiana Pacers bench didnt provide much in Saturday nights 97-96 win over the Brooklyn Nets
The Panthers are breathing a sigh of relief over rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin.

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz