ModernMusic.de

John Fox helped change the culture

#1 von chenyan94 , 06.12.2019 07:08

LAKE FOREST Womens Richard Dent Jersey , Ill. (AP) in the Chicago Bears’ locker room. He just didn’t produce enough wins to keep his job. The Bears fired Fox on Monday after three losing seasons, ending one of the least successful coaching stints in team history. ”Today is the tough part of our results-oriented business,” he said in a statement. While Fox was let go after a 5-11 finish, general manager Ryan Pace got a contract extension through the 2021 season. ”We think we have the right structure and we think we have the right people in those positions,” chairman George McCaskey said. ”We’ve seen some results in terms of player development and relying primarily on the draft for that development. We just haven’t seen those results on the field in wins and we’re looking forward to that.” Chicago has had four consecutive losing seasons – each with 10 or more losses. The Bears haven’t finished above .500 since they let Lovie Smith go following a 10-6 finish in 2012. They haven’t been to the playoffs since 2010. Hired shortly after the Bears brought in Pace, Fox leaves with a 14-34 record in three seasons and a .292 winning percentage that ranks as the second lowest in franchise history. Only Abe Gibron was worse – 11-30-1 (.274) from 1972-74. ”Our record is a reflection on me as well,” Pace said. ”But I feel good about where we’re at right now. I feel much better about where we’re at right now than at this time last year and that starts with the quarterback position.” President Ted Phillips apparently sees the same things. ”I see the young talent,” he said. ”The locker room is a great atmosphere. The players believe in themselves.” Pace said the Bears had not ”officially” asked permission to interview other teams’ assistants and that they’re open to coaches with offensive or defensive backgrounds. He would not say if Vic Fangio is in the running or if he hopes to retain him as defensive coordinator. Pace would not say, either, roughly how many candidates he hopes to interview or what traits he’s seeking in a coach. Though McCaskey and Phillips will have input, Pace made it clear the decision on the coach is his. He also said he will continue to have final say on the roster. The next coach will have to get the most out of Mitchell Trubisky. After all Dan Hampton Jersey , Pace staked his reputation to the quarterback when he traded up a spot with San Francisco to draft him with the No. 2 overall pick last spring. Fox is 133-123 in 16 seasons as a head coach and is one of six coaches to lead two teams to Super Bowl appearances, joining Don Shula, Bill Parcells, Dan Reeves, Dick Vermeil and Mike Holmgren. Fox helped orchestrate quick turnarounds while leading Carolina and Denver to a combined six division titles and seven playoff appearances in 13 years before he took over Chicago in January 2015. But his time with the Bears was forgettable. Fox helped restore some of the professionalism that was missing under former GM Phil Emery and coach Marc Trestman. But Fox’s conservative approach and some questionable decisions during games were sore spots. The Bears were 3-15 against the NFC North and dropped all six division games this past season. ”I think he built a foundation,” linebacker Sam Acho said. ”I think the success that he had here, we’re not going to see until later. Whether I’m on this team or not, I think you’re going to see success in the future.” Cornerback Prince Amukamara said there were plenty of hugs for Fox when he met with the team Monday. ”Great, passionate coach,” he said. ”Didn’t give up on us, didn’t quit on us and that’s very special for a head coach.” Injuries exposing a lack of depth have been a major issue since the regime change. Pace has had some big hits in the draft such as star running back Jordan Howard (2016 http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-brian-urlacher-jersey , fifth round) and notable misses such as oft-injured receiver Kevin White (2015, first round). His record in free agency is shaky, and he has struggled to replace some talented players no longer with the team such as receivers Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery, tight end Martellus Bennett and kicker Robbie Gould. The Bears will need to bring in play-making receivers. But with the presence of Trubisky, Howard and running back Tarik Cohen and a promising defense led by end Akiem Hicks, tackle Eddie Goldman and linebacker Leonard Floyd, Pace insisted the team is in a better spot than it was three years ago. He also feels more comfortable in his position. ”I feel very comfortable in my shoes, I feel very confident, and I have a lot of good people and a lot of resources around me to help me attack this,” Pace said. — CHICAGO (AP) — From the moment they identified him as the quarterback to lift their struggling franchise, the Chicago Bears envisioned big games from Mitchell Trubisky.As breakthroughs go Womens Leonard Floyd Jersey , this was a huge one.Trubisky threw a career-high six touchdown passes — one shy of the NFL record — and the NFC North-leading Bears pounded the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 48-10 on Sunday.The Bears (3-1) won their third straight with Trubisky delivering the sort of performance general manager Ryan Pace envisioned when he traded up a spot to draft the prized quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick last year.He finished one TD pass short of the franchise mark set by Sid Luckman against the New York Giants in 1943. Luckman is tied with seven others in NFL history to throw seven TD passes in a game. The Bears also racked up 483 yards in this one, nearly matching their record of 488 in that same game, on the way to their highest point total since 51-20 victory over Tennessee in 2012.“It’s very humbling because you know the history of the Bears and how many great players have come through this organization,” Trubisky said. “For me, you’re just trying to create your own legacy and try to make a path.”The defense did its part, harassing Ryan Fitzpatrick before Jameis Winston took over to start the second half. And the Bears (3-1) matched their longest win streak since a 3-0 start in 2013.Trubisky had never thrown for more than two touchdowns in a game. But he tossed five in the first half alone as Chicago grabbed a 38-3 lead. The only other player with more in a single half since 1991 was Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers with six in the first two quarters against the Bears in a romp at Lambeau Field in November 2014.Trubisky had no trouble finding wide-open receivers against a struggling secondary, completing 19 of 26 passes for 354 yards.“Hopefully, this is a day where we look back down the road here,” Bears coach Matt Nagy said, “and say, ‘Remember that day where he had that great game?’ And it helped catapult him into being a great quarterback.”Khalil Mack had a strip-sack in the first half against Fitzpatrick. That made him the first player with a sack and forced fumble in four straight games since Robert Mathis for Indianapolis in 2005. He also appeared to tip the ball as Winston released a pass that Danny Trevathan picked off on the first drive of the second half.OVERMATCHEDComing off a tight loss to Pittsburgh on Monday night Eric Kush Jersey , the Buccaneers (2-2) were simply overwhelmed in this one.“We should fire every person that was on that field today, starting with me. That was horrific,” coach Dirk Koetter said.Koetter said Winston “probably” did enough to regain the starting job, but wouldn’t quite commit to that.Tampa Bay decided to stick with Fitzpatrick as the starting quarterback even though Winston was back from a three-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy.But after becoming the first player in NFL history to top 400 yards passing in three consecutive games, Fitzpatrick was 9 of 18 for 126 yards and got sacked twice. Winston was 16 for 20 with 145 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.CATCHING ONChicago’s Tarik Cohen had a career-high 121 yards receiving and a touchdown. Taylor Gabriel had a personal-best 104 yards receiving to go with two TD catches.Trey Burton caught a 39-yard touchdown on the game’s opening drive and finished with 86 yards.Allen Robinson caught a 14-yarder late in the first quarter — his first TD since signing with Chicago in the offseason.HICKS EJECTEDBears defensive tackle Akiem Hicks was ejected for pushing an official late in the first half.The incident occurred after Eddie Jackson intercepted a pass by Fitzpatrick. Hicks was involved in a scuffle away from the play with a Buccaneers player. Down judge Mike Carr had separated them when Hicks charged back and pushed the official, referee Jerome Boger told a pool reporter.“It was just a deliberate act, when he knew the official was there in-between,” Boger said.Hicks remained on the sideline for a few plays before leaving the field and threw his shoulder pads and jersey into the stands.NATIONAL ANTHEMThere were no obvious protests by either team.INJURIESBuccaneers: TE O.J. Howard left in the first half because of a knee injury. … CB Carlton Davis III aggravated a groin injury.Bears: LB Sam Acho left in the first half with a pectoral injury.UP NEXTBuccaneers: Have bye week. At Atlanta on Oct. 14.Bears: Have bye week. At Miami on Oct. 14.

chenyan94  
chenyan94

Converse All Star Günstig
Adidas Nite Jogger Black

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz